Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Sketch: The Court Jester

Again, there is nothing creative about this – just an exercise in brainlessness to have a bit of fun. 
I've been working on a series of linework illustrations for an educational publisher, which is certainly expanding the number of things that I draw – within the past few days I've drawn streetscapes, witchetty grubs, oysters, a scull, colonial children, an Australian colonist... and lots more. So I wasn't really in the mood to think while I was sketching. =P 

I've been reading Cornelia Baker's The Court Jester, published in 1906, with charming black and white illustrations by Margaret Ely Webb and Margaret H Deveneau.  

This is a detail of one of Margaret Ely Webb's contributions – not entirely accurate, as the copy I had wasn't very large, but a lot of fun to do. I like playing around with linework. 


0.2 Artline Drawing System fineliner in Moleskine sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...