Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Illustration: Caravanning

And here are the finished shrews:


I think they came out rather nicely, myself. 

I'm quite pleased that I managed to do all of this in watercolour, without resorting to the coloured pencils. And that I persevered with all those leaves! =P

I took a few progress shots while I was working, so if you're interested in seeing how it came together, here you are (click to enlarge):



I discovered the fabulous Simon's Cat last night, and when I showed them to my mother, she demanded why I couldn't do animation, and suggested I tried my hand at it. So I opened up Adobe Flash, which I have never used before, and doodled a shrew, on the basis that it was a nice simple shape and I'd done quite a lot of them lately, so it wouldn't be too tricky. 

And here it is. Don't expect Great Art here, I had very little clue what I was doing; I think the last time I actually tried to animate anything was about 15 years ago, in the corners of a notebook. =P That being said, I think this is quite an achievement! ^.^


'Caravanning' done in Winsor and Newton watercolours and a sepia PITT Artists Pen.
The animation completed in Adobe Flash CS4 with a Wacom Intuos 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...