Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Progress: Dormice 2

I should, by rights, be much further along with this.
I was happily working away when my father completely killed the printer, which necessitated taking several hours to try (vainly) to fix it, go and buy a new one, and, of course, set it up. Eww. 

However, we're back up and running now, as evidenced by the fact that I could actually scan this image! =) 


As you can probably see, I build up my paints on the paper, rather than mixing the paints to start with (partially that's because I have a lot of pan paints, which don't really lend themselves to mixing, partially because I don't much like mixing paints, and partly because this way works like coloured pencils, which suits me just fine.) After laying down a lot of base colours (which, to my credit, I did mix =P) for the foliage and nest, I've been working in from the corners, mainly using layers of Sap Green, Burnt Umber and Payne's Grey. 

My dormice really need some whiskers, but they're reserved for the last step. 

PITT artists' pens with Winsor and Newton and Reeves watercolours.  
About 4.5 hours so far, including sketching.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...