Monday, August 1, 2011

Quotes: The Elusive Pimpernel

I read two Scarlet Pimpernel novels back in highschool, thwarted in my attempt to read the series not only by the fact that I couldn't get my hands on any more, but also because Marguerite was really getting on my nerves. Now that I have an ereader, I've found the books on Project Gutenberg, thus reducing my obstacles by one – Marguerite is still a problem, though. =P

I'm currently working my way through The Elusive Pimpernel, and here is a sketch from that; one of those sketches that got away from me. I was sketching in a desultory fashion waiting for clients to get back to me with some vital info, and since so far they haven't.... I just kept sketching. Originally this didn't start out as a Pimpernel picture, but I let it go where it wanted. 


[Marguerite] had at the last moment the supreme courage and pride to turn her head once more toward her husband, in order to reassure him finally that his secret was safe with her in this hour of danger, as it had been in the time of triumph. 

0.5 mechanical pencil with #B lead in a Jasart 'My Memoirs' sketchbook. Unhappily there was a fault in the paper right where the gentlemen are standing, so I couldn't rub out much. As a result they look stiffer than I had planned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...