Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Illustration: Saskia

Anyone looking at my blog might think I've been being rather lazy – quite the opposite is true, in fact, I've been very busy, but I don't really have anything I can blog at the moment. 

So here's a little picture I did about a month or so back, of my friend's D&D Character, Saskia, from a French-Revolution-Esque scenario. She's a Bard, and dances, and is a bit of a rebel, but comes from a wealthy family. So, not actually going for historical accuracy here, just a general 1790s flavour. 


I did an initial sketch with my friend sitting beside me, and then spent a few days turning it into a more refined painting 15 or so minutes at a time, either as a warm-up exercise or a reward for doing something boring.  

Photoshop CS6 with a Wacom Intuos 3.
Probably about 4 hours or so.
No references except for the jewellery. Frame from cgtextures.com, lace pattern from an ancient crochet pattern I found somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...