I started this before my needle felted mouse, but left it half finished when I didn't feel like working on fiddly details. It's been finished for a few days now, so I'm blogging it. =)
It's jointed with seed beads, so I made all the parts separately. The scarf was knitted by my mother, who wanted to help. I think it's about 5 stitches in laceweight yarn. I added the extra beads for a bit of bling.
There's a tail, but it's not very visible.
And as it is jointed it can be posed:
Tagging along, here's an unfinished flamingo. I did this just after my needle felted wren but it's not yet complete; I haven't yet decided what to do about the base. I was playing around with wire armatures with this, although the legs came out a bit thick. And as my wool choices are currently limited I shaded the feathers and beak with acrylic paint
Here's another angle:
Merino wool with 'fine' and 'coarse' needles, and misc plastic and glass beads.