Monday, February 24, 2014

Illustration: Elsa

If it looks like I haven't been doing much, it's because I haven't. I spent the better part of two weeks in agony, and for most of that no one knew what the problem was – it could have been temporomandibular joint displacement, it could have been trigeminal neuralgia.... but it turned out to be a cracked tooth with an abscess, handily pressing on my trigeminal nerve so as to avoid detection. Let me tell you, it was not pleasant. And I was quite unable to do anything except lie down and wish for death, interspersed by throwing up because the medications (which didn't work) made me sick. To add insult to injury, I spent the evening of my birthday in Emergency, and missed out on actually eating at four meals specifically for celebrating said birthday. Life could have been more fun....

Now that I'm all better, of course, I've got my nose to the grindstone doing all the work I should have been doing over the past couple of weeks, but here is a little illustration I did of Elsa from Frozen, in the spirit of bandwagon-jumping. I started it when I had a bit of free time, and it's intended as part of something bigger.... but as I don't know when or even if that 'something bigger' will materialise, I am blogging the bit that is actually pretty much finished now. It should probably be tweaked, but that ain't gonna happen for a while, anyway:


I need to work on raised chins, but it was fun doing all the sparkles and glowy bits, and having an excuse for a gratuitous reflection!

Adobe Photoshop CC with a Wacom Intuos 3

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...