I recently completed a big wedding job. I did the Save the Dates almost a year ago, and the wedding itself happened earlier this month. I did all the stationary and miscellany for it, which was a lot of fun.
I was originally sent a lot of images that the bride and/or groom liked, and combined a lot of this inspiration (regency stripes, roses, floral designs, cute touches, decorative borders...) into one cohesive design. Here's a closer look at the main invitation:
All the items were held together with ribbon, finished with a motif in pearlescent lavender card, the same colour as the backing board used for the same invitation. For the motif I combined the monogram I designed for them when I did the Save the Dates with the flowers from the main design.
They quite liked those quaint sketched birds-eye view venue maps, but with the odd shape of the area that had to be included, this didn't fit the space too well, so I compromised with a more modern looking oblique-angle map created in Illustrator, embellished with sketched landmarks in Photoshop:
There were a limited number of brunch invitations going out as well. For these I did an illustration depicting the couple and their dog. More on that in another post:
The illustration was also used on the thank you cards:
I also designed place-card menus for the reception, mounted on the pearlescent card. As well as the main guest book, each table at the reception also had a small book for guests to write in, each featuring a different question for them to answer. The bride bought small notebooks which I then covered by hand, using the same Coco Linen Ivoire paper that the rest of the stationary used. I had two designs for the book covers, and changed the question for each one. The books were just thick enough to include the question on the spine of each book, which you can see in this picture, which also includes the cover of the ceremony programme:
To finish off the books nicely, I glued in half-endpapers. Half of these re-used the illustration with the dog (the other half of which is at the back of the book)
and half used a montage made up of the bride and groom's names:
In addition to the above, I designed miscellany for the Reception, including signage, cookie jar labels and table numbers:
By far the most time-consuming item was the seating plan. At well over A3 in size, and featuring a lot of roses and leaves, it took me quite a few hours. Below is a mockup I made to show the bride how it should look, using a photograph she took of the frame at the reception venue:
The majority of the above work was completed in Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe inDesign CC, with a touch of Adobe Illustrator CC in the mix as well. I printed all the items using an Epson Artisan 730 and Coco Linen Ivoire paper and card.