Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas Card: Seals and Hummingbirds

Here's a Christmas card design for some family friends. They had a big trip to Canada and Iceland this year, and wanted their cards to reflect that. They provided me with some photos and I worked to their specifications to create this design. It was a bit of a rush, so I only did one design for them this year (we get them printed at Moo, so usually I do two designs (generally different colour-ways) to take advantage of the printfinity option). 



I used the live brushes in Photoshop, which was fun. I don't usually use them, and it was nice to work with something a little looser and less predictable. Here's a detail:


I hadn't painted ice before, so it was a bit of a learning curve, especially as I did the whole card in just over 3 hours, and didn't have time to obsess over the details (that was probably a good thing). It was a lot of fun, and I'm pleased with how it came out, especially the greenish areas near the water!

Here's a look at a printed card:



Adobe Photoshop CC
The pretty font is called Ivory

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...