Monday, February 23, 2015

Watercolour: Chinese New Year

I did this little piece very quickly for last week's Colour Collective on Twitter. I've got plenty to keep me occupied at the moment, but my friend gave me some new watercolour for my birthday on the 13th, and I hadn't had a chance to try it out all week! Also, one of my lovely new colours was Winsor Orange, and the Colour Collective was Orange Lake Light – not quite the same, but definitely fate (and as close as I was going to get with watercolour, anyway). 
With that kind of encouragement, I had to do a little watercolour!


I chose Chinese New Year as the theme, as it seemed to go rather well with an orange colour scheme. And I decided it was the year of the ram for the purposes of this picture, because with my surname, how can I go with a goat? 

I managed to squeeze in the other two paints I got as well – Vandyke Brown and Olive Green. 
I need to study sheep some more...

Winsor & Newton watercolours and Copic Multiliners in a Moleskine Watercolour Sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...