Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Lamb baby mobile

Here's another baby mobile I did recently, this time for my cousin, who is expecting a baby girl and has a lamb themed nursery (Since she lives on a farm now and her maiden name is Mutton, this is a very apt theme!)


I chose to have a lamb jumping over a gate. Lambs take forever to felt (all those little round curls are felted individually, and then felted onto the main body one by one) so while I would have liked to have a trio of frolicking lambs, time constraints and sanity had to be taken into account. 




Here's a closer look at the gate. I felted some bushes on the side using the same multiple-spheres technique as on the lamb, to tie the whole thing together - plus a single gate looks a bit boring. 


And so that it wasn't just a lamb and a gate, I added a moon and two stars. You can see a mini tutorial for the stars over here.




I didn't get very good photos of the mobile hanging, mainly because my camera lens has died and I'm borrowing one that I'm not accustomed to. I'm more used to it now, but I hadn't had the chance to adjust, as the photos had to be taken and the mobile wrapped and presented. 




I used a wicker heart to hang everything from, and left it bare for a more rustic look. 


Merino and Corriedale wool roving with assorted felting needles, hung with white beading cord on a pre-made wicker heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...