Thursday, August 13, 2015

Watercolour: Bèbè Daniels

Last night I just felt like doing some brainless drawing-from-a-photo before bed. I watched 42nd Street the other day, and decided that I would draw Bèbè Daniels, because she has a fabulous face, like so many 20s film stars.
And today I didn't actually have anything to do after wrapping up a picture book project with a client meeting in the morning, so I added some watercolour to my pencil sketch:




I used a lobby card from the 20s as my reference. It isn't stellar quality and I didn't spend very long on this, so it's not the best likeness I've ever done, but I quite like the result even so.

Image from Chuckman's 1920s Arcade Card Beauties
0.5 mechanical pencil with a #B lead, and Winsor & Newton watercolours, in a Moleskine Watercolour Sketchbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...