Saturday, September 19, 2015

Illustration: Moon River

This week the Colour Collective prompt was 'Duck Egg Green', which struck me as a good colour to use in a river setting - so this week my song inspiration is Moon River, music by Henry Mancini and lyrics by Johnny Mercer:


Moon River
Wider than a mile
I'm crossin' you in style
Some day

Old dream maker
You heartbreaker
Wherever you're goin'
I'm goin' your way

Two drifters
Off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see

We're after the same Rainbow's end
Waitin' round the bend
My huckleberry friend 
Moon River
And me


I was naturally thinking of Audrey Hepburn while I drew this, but I didn't want to actually draw her - I just went with more of a gamin look, which worked well for the theme of the song, which isn't a swelling romantic ballad, like most songs featuring the word 'moon' in the title seem to be. I was originally going to use red accents, but in the end I decided on orange, which I though suited the mood better. 

The texture on the punt is from cgtextures.com. Everything is drawn in Photoshop CC 2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...