Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Illustration: Under a Texas Moon

I was a bit rushed for Colour Collective this week, but still managed to produce something. It was also a bit tricky to fit the colour (Indian Red) into my series of moon songs, but I think this song works quite well. Fortunately there is a lot of scope!

The dusty red reminded me of old colour western films, and this song, Under a Texas Moon, music by Ray Perkins, is from a western of the same name - the first all-talking all-colour western - in 1930. I'm not actually at all fond of western films, and I have never seen this one. There isn't even a clip on youtube. 


When the last ray of sun,
mi querida, 
hits the hills with a soft golden hue.

When the long day is done,
mi querida,
my poor heart calls for no one but you.

Dear one,
let the spell of the fading light 
find you here in my arms tonight,
Under a Texas moon.

Sweet one,
let me whisper my love divine, 
feel the thrill of your lips on mine
Under a Texas moon.

Desert flowers,
and the strum of a sweet guitar. 
Fleeting hours,
and the gleam of a silver star,
from afar.

Fair one,
what care I what tomorrow brings?
For tonight 'tis my heart that sings
Under a Texas moon.

Here's a version of the song. I'm not sure if this is the version used in the movie or not: 


I also hope I wrote those lyrics down properly, nowhere seems to have them online (until now, I suppose!)

This definitely isn't one of my favourites of this series. I was in a bit of a rush the whole week and couldn't spend very long on it. I'm hoping to get more time for this week's colour.

There are now 11 in my series:


Adobe Photoshop CC2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.
About 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...