Sunday, February 14, 2016

Aquarius

This week the Colour Collective colour was 'deep naples ochre' - definitely not one of my favourite colours, being essentially 'baby poo'. So I thought it would be good to temper it a little with a nice clear blue. Colour Collective fell on the 12th February, and my birthday is the 13th - I'm an aquarius, so what better theme to choose?

I've been wanting to build up a more fun and trendy illustration style for my portfolio, to use in addition to my traditional golden-age style illustrations etc. I'm still trying to settle on exactly what to do, but I think this is a step in the right direction. I think I'd quite like to clean it up a bit more...

I downloaded Kyle T Webster's brush megapack to play around with. This was done with the gouache and china pencil brushes which, as you can see, I am still getting used to. 

This was done over 5 hours, almost all while watching musicals on dvd, so I wasn't exactly 100% focussed (I look up for all the dancing, for a start =P). So it probably took considerably less time, which is why I think it could stand to be cleaned up a bit, there are definitely things that I think I could alter. 

Adobe Photoshop CC2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...