Saturday, July 2, 2016

Mariella

Here are a few pieces I have done recently of my little ghost character Mariella. 

This was for Colour Collective's Lilac Grey prompt - obviously I had to do a ghost for that!

 

Mariella has a partner in crime - her phalene puppy, Verity. I like to think of them running up and down panelled halls, causing unexplained gusts of wind and shrieking/barking. This illustration did the best on twitter of anything I have ever posted, which was a (very pleasant) surprise. 

And here's last night's effort, done in record time (under three hours) because it's been one of those weeks.... This was for the Cinnabar Green Deep prompt. My squirrels are a bit wacky, it was down to the wire and I had 15 minutes in which to do them both, which isn't conducive to perfect furry creatures... It was originally going to be something quite different, I'm not entirely sure what happened...


And here's a sketch, part of a larger illustration, which started with this sketch and grew, and which will hopefully be finished at some point in the not too distant future. There is always so much to do!


All of these were done in Photoshop on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2. The linework is done with Kyle Webster's Perfect Pencil brush, the colours are done in a variety of brushes

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...