Saturday, April 8, 2017

Cooking

Yet again, a very quick Colour Collective, but one that I like, and that other people seem to like as well, so that's nice. =) 

The prompt was 'Burnt Sienna', which is a very rich brown. As I was in a hurry I looked at the sketches I'd done during the week to see if one of them was suitable to use brown in, and settled on a viking girl cooking, inspired by a photo in the March issue of The National Geographic:


Here is the original sketch:


I redrew it in dark brown to fix up a few mistakes, but mainly stuck to the sketch. I had fun with that halo of blonde hair!

Here's the original photo that inspired the sketch (handily in National Geographic's Instagram feed so I don't have to scan it from the magazine):



It nearly wasn't a viking girl, the other sketch I was considering was this pirate:


I'd still like to take her a bit further. Do you think I made the right choice for my CC?

About 3 to 3.5 hours (including the original sketch) in Adobe Photoshop CC2017 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...