Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Inking

Today, some very early brush inking practice, from December '09.
Having started out inking with ordinary felt-tips in highschool, moving onto technical pens, and then mastering the dip pen, I felt it was time to start using a brush to ink, and embellishing the results with greyscale watercolour.

My first two attempts were from earlier pencil sketches; a fisherman and a 30s glamour girl, inspired, I think, because I was watching The Alleyn Mysteries at the time.


And then I moved on to ink another earlier sketch, of my friend Makenzi's lovely character Ella:

Ella is copyright Makenzi Crouch, all rights reserved. You can also see her aged about 7 at my deviantart account here : Ella in the Cathedral

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...