Thursday, August 12, 2010

Sketch: Lady

A fairly mindless sketch, of my default subject of 'people in pretty clothes'. =P I wanted to do something relaxing and fun, and was in the mood to draw a boofy dress.


This is based off a screenshot of Natasha Pyne in the 1967 The Taming of The Shrew, which I happened to be watching. I liked the pose and dress, but made no attempt to capture her likeness (even had I been able to see her face properly in the screenshot) or the scene as it was in the movie – instead of a flirtatious Bianca pretending not to notice her suitors, I drew a more pensive nameless woman, and ditched the suitors and background, and came up with my own setting. She probably isn't even reading Latin any more....

I'd quite like to watercolour this. Maybe I'll snatch some time to do so on the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...