Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Illustration: Snuggles

Here's a little watercolour I did for a baby card. One of my cousins has just had a baby daughter, so this is an imaginary baby (I have not yet seen her, and as yet she has no name) and the family dog, a wire-haired jack russell called Abbey. 


Yellow might not have been my original choice here (the nursery is decked out in black, white and citrus colours) but I think it works. I contemplated doing the pattern on the onesie in black, but decided that it would be too heavy, and that it was better to more cohesive by linking to the brown dog. 

Here's the inked version, pre-watercolour:


And here's the final card:


Artline Drawing System pens and Winsor & Newton watercolours in a Moleskine watercolour sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...