Friday, June 27, 2014

Portrait: Kim Novak

Here's a private commission that I just got off my hands today. Normally I don't do commissions of stars, but this client is my one exception

So here we have Kim Novak.
The commissioner really wanted something from Bell, Book and Candle, but most of the publicity shots for that are horrible, so I went with a photo that had a similar sort of vibe. I think it may just be a random publicity shot, not for any particular film as I can't really place the costume (not that I've seen all of her films). It was specified that she look alluring, so I decided on this:


Here's a progress animation showing how it came together:


This is a graphite portrait. I used a 0.5 mechanical pencil with a #B lead, and an #8B solid graphite pencil, along with a selection of blending tools and erasers. For more information on my portraiture tools, please see this tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...