Sunday, November 15, 2015

Illustration: In The Moon Mist

I chose the little-known song Moon Mist for this week's Colour Collective, as I felt the colour - Rose Quartz - was a lovely misty choice that would work well for moon mist. 

Moon Mist was adapted from Benjamin Godard's Berceuse (Lullaby). It's from his 1888 four-act opera Jocelyn, which was in turn based on a poem by Alphonse de Lamartine. In 1946 Jack Lawrence adapted the music and added some English words (that in no way resemble the original opera song).


One night I wandered by a stream
and saw you standing in the Moon Mist.
I thought at first you were a dream
until you smiled there in the moon mist 

The first strange flush of love 
was on your starlit face
and in the hush of love 
we met in one embrace

Now till we meet again I'll treasure 
that moment when we kissed
in the Moon Mist.

Here's Doris Day singing it:


And here's the original version if you're interested in comparing (although not from 1888 ^.~):


I chucked this piece together very quickly, as I have been flat-out with work all week - but I didn't want to miss this beautiful colour! Plus Friday was just one of those bad drawing days that attacks us all from time to time, so I wanted a break from work to do something that didn't have to be perfect.

This is my 15th Colour Collective Fadeaway Girl!


Adobe Photoshop CC2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.
3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...