Saturday, November 21, 2015

Illustration: On Moonlight Bay

The Colour Collective colour this week was 'Robin's Egg Blue', a lovely turquoise, so I went all nautical with the 1912 song 'On Moonlight Bay', lyrics by Edward Madden, music by Percy Wenrich. A perfect excuse to draw an old-time sailor suit!


We were sailing along
on Moonlight Bay
We could the voices ringing
they seemed to say
"You have stolen her heart"
Now don't go 'way
As we sang 'Love's Old Sweet Song' 
on Moonlight Bay

Here it is being sung by Doris Day:


This makes the 16th Colour Collective Fadeaway Girl that I've done. I didn't have much time to work on this one (I've got a lot to do right now, typical November, and I've also got a bit of a cold so everything's going slower than it should be), I got it done in just a couple of hours and there are lots of things that annoy me about it, but I do like her face. =) 


Adobe Photoshop CC2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2
Between two and three hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...