Saturday, December 5, 2015

Illustration: By the Light of the Silvery Moon

I'm a bit late blogging this Colour Collective piece. Heavens, I have been busy - always the way at this time of the year. The good news is that that means that I have a lot to blog about... the bad news is that I struggle to actually find time to blog!

However, here we are, with last week's Colour Collective - Silver. The obvious choice for this was Gus Edwards and Edward Madden's 1909 song 'By the Light of the Silvery Moon'. Really there was no other option, was there? 

Place park, scene dark, silvery moon is shining through the trees;
Cast two, me, you, sound of kisses floating on the breeze.
Act one, begun. Dialogue, "Where would you like to spoon?"
My cue, with you, underneath the silvery moon.
By the light of the silvery moon,
I want to spoon, to my honey I'll croon love's tune,
Honeymoon keep a-shining in June,
Your silvery beams will bring love dreams, we'll be cuddling soon,
By the silvery moon.
Act two, scene new, roses blooming all around the place;
Cast three, you, me, Preacher with a solemn looking face.
Choir sings, bell rings, Preacher: "You are wed for evermore."
Act two, all through, every night the same encore.
By the light, (By the light, By the light),
Of the silvery moon, (The silvery moon).
I want to spoon, (Want to spoon, Want to spoon)
To my honey I'll croon love's tune.
Honeymoon, (Honeymoon, Honeymoon),
Keep on shining in June. (Keep on shining in June)
Your silvery beams will bring love dreams,
We'll be cuddling soon,
By the silvery moon.
Your silvery beams will bring love dreams,
We'll be cuddling soon,
By the silvery moon. (The silvery moon)

Here's a version (from the film of the same name) with Doris Day and Gordon MacRae. Not a favourite version, but it does include all the words: 


Obviously the song is pretty heavy on the 'June' and this is a very wintry scene. Notwithstanding the fact that where I'm standing, June is winter (although no snow) I figured that it could very well be referring to someone looking forward to June, summer, and the option to stay out late. It never actually says it is June. 

This makes a total of 17 Colour Collective Fadeaway Girls - and I'm now taking a break from them to do some more Christmas themed entries.


Adobe Photoshop CC2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.
About 2.5 to 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...