Sunday, March 27, 2016

First Easter Eggs

Continuing a tradition that has sprung up in the last couple of years, I've been busy making First Easter presents for various sweeties. I did the first one in 2014, for my cousin's daughter Mary, the second in 2015, for another cousin's daughter. And this year, I have made three. There's a bit of a baby boom happening!


Each egg goes with an eggcup. I would have liked to match all the colours but I didn't have suitably coloured wool. Most of my wool is in more natural colours, or darker tones. I had a sampler of suitable pink (slightly less lolly than the pink I used, but not enough for the job) but only an olive green or a dark blue. So the girls get pink eggs and the boy gets an orange one. 


They are felted around polystyrene eggs, as it's quicker (although it still takes a couple of hours per egg). The polystyrene eggs are a bit big, but they do fit in. I've put ribbon loops on the top so they can be hung as ornaments, but I photographed them without, as that looks better in the egg cups.


Each egg has a monogram on the back. We have C for Chloe, A for Alastair and S for Samantha. 

Here is the egg I did last year, and never posted anywhere. This one was E for Ella and is a slightly different design. The bunny was also felted in corriedale wool and so is not quite as smooth.


It remains to be seen how many I will be making next year!

Merino wool over polystyrene bases. About 2 to 2.5 hours each.

The candy-covered eggs used in the photos were swiped from our Easter afternoon tea decorations. As you can see, we did a lot of baking, and for a while it was touch and go if I could finish the felted eggs in time for Easter as well. But I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...