Sunday, March 27, 2016

Who? Me?

Last week the Colour Collective colour was Mars Violet, and I needed to come up with something quick, that could preferably also be used for my Mother's birthday card, because it was one of those weeks where the amount to do is in direct inverse proportion to the amount of time.

So. We have a maroon chair, and we have a very pretty dog who likes to sit on said chair.


Myrna is a cavoodle, and I named her after Myrna Loy (she has the same upturned nose and fluffy 'hair') so she's a real drama queen. One of her favourite expressions is 'Who? Me??', usually when she's doing something she knows she's not meant to. She is allowed on chairs, however. But when I started out drawing, I accidentally drew that expression, and it was just so Myrna that I just wasn't satisfied with any other expression. 

Here's a detail:


I used a photo I had posed on Instagram as my inspiration:


As you can see, that chair is much redder in tone. I tweaked it a bit for my mother's birthday card, so that it was truer in colour. And I gave it some text appropriate to the expression on Myrna's face - I didn't feel like just 'Happy Birthday' cut it, somehow...


This picture has broken my twitter fav record, which is very exciting! For the first time ever I've made it into the dizzy fifties! Thanks everyone! It encourages me to experiment more with pushing forms further.

Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2. An hour, maybe an hour and a half.

P.S. I hope this post made sense. I'm recovering from a migraine, so I may well be writing complete gibberish. If I am, I apologise! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...