Monday, November 14, 2016

Lilypads

I was in a bit of a rush with Colour Collective's May Green prompt, but, as is wont to happen, the finished result was far better, and far better received, than I expected. If only I could distill that for use in all my pieces!

I wasn't sure what to do for the colour until a throwaway line in the Terry Pratchett audiobook I was listening to mentioned hippopotomi. My brain went hippos > water > algae > plants > green. And there, in a nutshell, is my artistic process for this piece:


I'm really awfully fond of it. I don't think I've ever drawn a hippo before, certainly not that I can remember....

About 3 – 4 hours in Adobe Photoshop CC 2016 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...