Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Night is falling

This is last week's Colour Collective. The colour was 'Sea Blue', but I used it as a sky colour instead. I'd had a really stressful week, preparing for a small expo and panicking because there was a delay in printing and shipping the colouring books I was going to be selling (more on those soon, they're currently going through the process of being sold on Amazon, and I'll do a whole post on them when they're up) - so i was stressed and tired and just wanted to draw something easy. So I resorted to defaults - pretty girl in pretty dress. I tried to make it slightly more interesting, however, by turning her into the sky:


I recycled the background from an old illustration, so the two don't gel together as well as they should - but it was better than leaving her on a plain white background, and I was in a hurry! (Colour Collective time is 3.30am my time, so I usually Buffer my posts anyway, but this week I had to be in bed unusually early before the Expo on Saturday, so time was of the essence! =P)

This probably took about 3 hours, using Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...