Thursday, April 14, 2011

Sketch: Deckchair

Makenzi Crouch (who loves cats) linked me to the Tumbler Writers and Kitties and I saw this photo of Elizabeth Bishop. I liked the form of the chair and the general pose, and I'd also been looking at the work of J C Leyendecker, so decided to use the photo and Leyendecker's style of profiles as springboards for a sketch:


And then I went all thirties with the dress, mainly because I felt like drawing spectator shoes. I don't think that's accurate for the chair, though. (I realise as a design graduate I should know who designed that chair and when, but ... I don't. I majored in Illustration. =P) 

Nothing particularly special, but I quite like it. =)

0.5 mechanical pencil with #B lead in Jasart 'My Memoirs' sketchbook. Around 1.5 hours while watching tv.  

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...