Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sketch: Roger Moore

A small brainless sketch of Roger Moore as Simon Templer in the 60s tv series The Saint.
I spent all day colourising an army photo for my father, which basically melted my brains, and to top it off I had to take a tablet for my teeth (will I ever forgive the dentist? It's nearly a year since he worked on my teeth and they still ache on me!) which made me sleepy. In the mood for thinking while sketching I was not, so I did this:


This is based on a screenshot from the intro to #33 'The Wonderful War'. 

And I thought I'd also show you the results of my colourisation.
My father purchased a framed set of prints from the dedication of the National Servicemen's Memorial in Canberra, and there was a slot to replace one of the standard prints with a personal photo; he wanted a photo from his time in Malaysia, but being from the 60s they're all in black and white, which would have looked really odd surrounded by modern coloured photos. So I coloured it in, doing my best with an unfortunately rather grainy high-key photo. The result doesn't look completely natural, but it looks pretty good in the frame with the others, if I do say so myself. =)


Roger Moore in 0.5 mechanical pencil with #B lead in a Jasart 'My Memoirs' sketchbook, 1.5 hours.
Photo coloured in Adobe Photoshop CS4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...