Friday, April 29, 2011

Sketch: Tangled

It's been impossible to look at any sort of media without having ROYAL WEDDING!!! screamed at you from all sides this past week, and while I have no objection at all to a nice royal wedding (plus it was nice to take a day off and watch it, after working straight through the easter holidays =P) it naturally made me think wedding-themed for sketches. 

This was inspired by a piece of concept art in my Art of Tangled book. The painting was by Victoria Ying, and was a wedding scene, where Rapunzel had a really long veil that mirrored the long hair she had for most of the movie. I liked the effect, and since there were no fewer than 8 wedding dress designs in the book, I was quite surprised when there was no wedding scene in the movie (and a bit sad to miss out on the lovely veil). So, since I was thinking weddings, I did a little Tangled wedding sketch, with my own dress design, but keeping the long veil. 


I have mixed feelings about this sketch. I like the dress and veil, but the likenesses aren't good (not surprising considering I saw the movie once. In January.) and Flynn is not very good at all. However, I tried out a technique I haven't used before, so thought I'd post it. Plus I have been doing lots of work and not much sketching lately. Work is good, of course, but can make the blog a bit neglected. 

0.5 mechanical pencil with #B lead in Jasart 'My Memoirs' sketchbook, with some painting in Photoshop CS4, texture from cgtextures.com.
A4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...