Saturday, October 1, 2011

Progress: Yet More Christmas Cards

The start of a little something by way of parent-appeasement. They were perfectly happy with the Christmas cards I designed for this year until they saw these ones. So I thought I'd try and whip up something similar, and have two card designs for this year. I want to go with a blue theme this year (for several years our cards have been red) so have gone with a splendid fairy wren. 


Blue wrens take a bit longer than scarlet robins – this has taken me 1 hour 20 so far (yet again reusing that long-suffering bauble) and I've still got a fair bit to do.
I haven't yet decided what colour to do the background, blue will make it too heavy overall... I may well move the bauble more to the right as well; I'm not sure that I'm happy with the balance at the moment. I didn't start with a sketch, which is often not the best of ideas. =P

Adobe Photoshop CS4 with a Wacom Intuos 3

1 comment:

  1. I liked your first card, but birds are gorgeous, and blue wrens best of all.

    There are so many brilliantly coloured birds you could keep this theme going for decades.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...