Thursday, February 9, 2012

Illustration: Pride and Prejudice

I found this lurking, half-coloured, in my files. I'd completely forgotten about it, so I decided to finish it off. You may remember the original sketch from way back when. Yes, it's been flipped in the meantime. =P  


"It is your turn to say something now, Mr Darcy. I talked about the dance, and you ought to make some kind of remark on the size of the room, or the number of couples."

I left this rather loose, with a background from cgtextures.com.

And tagging along we have a sketchbook page of random hairstyles. There is a regency hairstyle in there, so it sort of fits.... really I was just mucking about while watching tv.  


Pride & Prejudice in Adobe Photoshop with Wacom Intuos 3
Sketch in Moleskine Sketchbook with 0.5 #B mechanical pencil

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture. The background is perfect for it too. I get the feeling that they're dancing in their own little world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Imogen! ^.^ Miscellaneous textures are fun to use as quick-fix backgrounds. Probably this means I'm lazy, but I do think they work pretty well in some cases! =P I'm so glad you like it!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...