Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Linework: Sit!

A bit of R&R. I'm 2/3 of the way through my portrait commission, and needed a little break. Plus, the batteries in my electric eraser are dying, there are no AAA batteries in the house, and the eraser is extremely necessary for the hair in said portrait. Tomorrow I shall get new batteries and all will be well. 

So here's the inked version of a little sketch I jotted roughly down in my watercolour sketchbook back in December. I was given the V&A's Nineteenth Century Costume in Detail for Christmas, and very much liked an 1829-30 gown depicted in it, and decided to sketch it. And now I'm finishing it up. It will of course be watercoloured as well, but for now all I have done is the linework.

 

Here's a snap showing the original dress, for those of you interested in costume/what exactly I was working from. 


Artline Drawing System Pens (0.1 and 0.4) in Moleskine Watercolour Sketchbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...