Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Illustration: Fight Like a Pirate

Apart from some portraiture, I'm mainly waiting for feedback on work I'm doing, or for other work to materialise at the moment, so I've been having a bit of fun with the @Daily_Doodle prompts over on Twitter. 
I got a bit carried away with this one....


With a pirate-themed prompt, I just couldn't resist revisiting my hapless pirate Gawain (sorry, he likes to be known as 'Blackbeard the Terrible'. If the 'Gawain' ever got out he'd never live it down, it's the root of all his troubles as it is) and his nemesis. I first designed them way back in 2012, but wasn't entirely happy with the style. This is something I can do more comfortably. 

The full prompt was 'Fight like a pirate' – not Gawain's strong suit. 

And here's another picture of Gawain, this time managing to present a proper piratey face to the world. I did this back in 2012 too, tweaking the original style I was using, but I don't think I'd posted it anywhere:


There is also a colouring page of this over on my website.

All done in Photoshop with a Wacom Intuos 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...