Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Portrait: Joan Blondell

Here's a portrait of the fabulous Joan Blondell - initially an exercise in doing a colour portrait from a black and white reference photo, and in using the iPad.


I did most of it using SketchbookPro on my iPad mini, with a Wacom Intuos stylus, but as my reference was also on the iPad, I couldn't see it and my work at the same time, so the likeness was atrocious. I then took it into Photoshop in my computer and fixed it up a bit so that it actually did look like Joan Blondell. It languished for a while before I did that, but I dusted it off and finished it yesterday.

Here's a progress animation compiled from screenshots I took while I was working on the iPad. I had a lot of fun doing the hair! All bar the last (final) stage was done using the ipad:


Autodesk SketchbookPro for iPad, iPad mini, Wacom Intuos stylus, Adobe Photoshop CC and a Wacom Intuos 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...