Sunday, January 2, 2011

Illustration: Falconing

I've been too hot lately to be particularly enthused about doing anything, so I ran this sketch through the printer (not without a battle, it doesn't like watercolour paper much) and splashed around with my watercolours.

Still working on being a bit looser with my painting, and on using more limited colour palettes. I broke out the coloured pencils on this, too, to cover up the fact that nice smooth watercolour washes don't really happen when it's 40 degrees C outside. The pencil gave a nice texture to the foliage, anyway. 


I can't say I've overly pleased with how this turned out, but it's passable, I suppose. =)

Winsor & Newton watercolours and Prismacolour pencils on 300gsm watercolour paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...