Wednesday, January 5, 2011

In Progress: Gaya #2

It's been too humid to work on graphite portraiture the last few days, so while I'm waiting for the next list of linework illustrations to arrive in my inbox, I'm back to working on my portrait of Gaya. Much fun is being had! 

The scanner wasn't working last time I posted progress, but it is now. This is a much better picture. And I've got quite a bit further, too:


I broke out the watercolours and a 000 brush to do her jewellery – pencils were just too chunky. The focus on the original photo is extremely narrow, so the jewellery is almost entirely out of focus, which doesn't translate well to coloured pencil work; so this isn't perfectly accurate, but I don't think it's too bad.  It should look quite striking when I get all the rest of the jewellery done, I think.


I haven't yet decided whether to leave the background as plain white, or to do something with it. Any thoughts, anyone?

Prismacolour pencils, Winsor and Newton watercolours 
About 16 hours so far (but while I'm watching tv and being languid due to the weather, so not too solidly) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...