Monday, January 31, 2011

Sketch: Kingdom

This had to happen. 

To start with, after Christmas my mother and I were going through all our old holiday photos and reorganising them, and I came across a number of snaps of St Michael's Mount
Then one of the illustrations for ReadyEd was an island (albeit sans castle and avec seabirds).
Then I saw Tangled
And finally, today, watching Coast while working on portraiture, there was beautiful footage of both St Michael's Mount and Mont Saint-Michel.

I figured the world was trying to tell me something. So this is my sketching for tonight – one very, very tiny kingdom on a very tiny island. 
It's been too long since I drew pointy turrets, I swear. ^.^

0.5 mechanical pencil with #B lead in A5 Moleskine Sketchbook.
Roughly 2 hours and 20 minutes. 
Click to enlarge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...