Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Baby Card: Lapphunds

It's been all go on the baby front the last week. First my cousin had a baby girl on the 8th (and I designed this card for her) and then my friends had a baby boy on the 11th - another card was needed. I decided to feature their two Finnish Lapphunds, which have featured on their Christmas cards for 2013 and 2014. I was originally going to draw each dog sitting proudly on either side of a blue crib, but my mother thought I should continue my theme of babies-sleeping-on-animals, so this is what I came up with:


I used a font from the Nexa Rust suite because I wanted to steer away from being too cutesy, and kept my colours bold to contrast with the two dogs.

When we went to visit the happy parents and the new arrival in hospital, I took the card, a book for baby (I had picked the book earlier, it didn't occur to me until yesterday that a book entitled 'Hi' is incredibly apt for a welcome present!) and a little charm for the new mum, who has had a rough ride and needed a present too. 


Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 on a Wacom Companion 2 and a Wacom Intuos 5.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...