Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Sketch: Morticia

Yesterday I woke up with a migraine that had crept up on me while I slept, so I couldn't see the signs and take my preventative medication. Not amused! I had to spend the day in bed, and after I had managed to drag myself up I still didn't have enough brain to actually do any work. If it involved thinking, it was too hard. But I felt very unproductive and wanted to draw something - so I took my inspiration from the Daily Doodle topic on Twitter. This week they are doing The Addams Family, and the Tuesday topic was Morticia.


"Black is such a happy colour."

I just grabbed a nice photo of Caroline Jones in the role (I first came to the Addams Family while Angelica Houston was in the role, but the only Morticia who really works for me is the piquant and delicate Jones) and drew it up in a stark black and white digital sketch. I didn't have to think too much, so it was just what I needed. 

Photoshop CC 2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2 - about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...