Sunday, July 26, 2015

Colour Collective: Fire Engine Red

I had time to do a proper illustration for Colour Collective last week! 

I was sitting not-really-listening to 7.30 and trying to think of something fun to do with the week's colour - fire engine red - when a current affairs story about India started and the accents worked their way into my consciousness. So I decided to do an illustration with an Indian theme, which would really allow me to show off the red with a background of lush greens. 

And having decided on the theme, how could I resist adding in a baby elephant?


I wanted the focus to be on the central figures, so I used most of the red there, with a highlight of shocking pink to really make the colours pop. However, to unify the whole image, I added some bright red bougainvillea. I was trying to be a bit looser overall, so I didn't outline each flower and frond in the background, but chose a sketchier approach.  

Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...