Sunday, April 25, 2010

Wren Wedding Invitations

Lately I've been doing a fair bit of wedding invitation design, which has been fun.
So, here's the result of one of these projects.



I started out with five design concepts, based around information gathered in a questionnaire I gave the couple. This is the design they chose, based on this horrible thumbnail sketch and a bit of a write-up.
And really, when the things to include include the words 'blue', 'feathers', 'cute' and 'friendly' – how can you resist a fairy wren or two?

Once we'd finalised the choice of design, I started with this sketch, and then did a digital painting:

You can see the final painting over here at my deviantart account.

And here are some snaps of the invitations and RSVP postcards that were put together. I still have other things to do for this wedding, but we got the invitations sent out in good time.

The bride, my mother, and I spent a day getting the various parts of the invitations ready (folding, cutting the ribbon, cutting out and embossing the wrens), and then I put them all together the next day:


The invitations were triple-folded, with a quote on the inside flap, the invitation wording in the centre, and hand-drawn maps to the chapel and reception on the left and right.

The postcards were printed by CJ King, and they did a great job.

The invitations I'm working on currently bear no similarity to these at all. It's nice to know I can be versatile.

2 comments:

  1. Nice ideas of invitations. I am looking for one of the spacious wedding venues NYC for my parent's silver jubilee next month. Will surprise them with their favorite food, cake flavors and designer floral decoration designs. Also looking for branded champagnes online. But not able to find suitable gifts for my darling mom dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely idea Wenni. Maybe you should look for personalised gifts, artists like me offer portraiture, but you can also find custom ceramics and textiles and all sorts of things if you look. =)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...