Monday, February 7, 2011

Sneak Peek: Shrews

This was supposed to be a little weekend muck-about-with-the-watercolours piece of fun, but I liked how it was coming along so much that I decided to do it properly. The result is that it took a bit longer than planned, but I think I'm finished now. I'm leaving it until tomorrow, however, in case I see something that needs fixing. 

In the meantime, here's a sneak peek:


It's a watercolour (or rather, part of it) of the caravanning shrews from my last post. I liked the sketch so much that I wanted to take it further. I had fun pretending I was illustrating a children's book (one day it shall not be pretend. I shall get there!) and working out ways to draw up-close foliage without overwhelming everything with detail.

PITT Artist Pen in sepia and Winsor & Newton watercolours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...