Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Illustration: Danielle Darrieux

Remember the quick pic I did of Brigitte Bardot? Well, here's another one. I think this is turning into a series of 'Why can't I live in a 50s musical? They have such pretty dresses!' =P 

This is Danielle Darrieux in Rich, Young and Pretty from 1953. I haven't actually seen the film, but I play a piece from it ('We Never Talk Much (We just sit around)') on the piano, and so looked it up on Youtube. She has such a pretty dress, and I had lots of fun unwinding by seeing how to do satin with this colouring technique. 
And look, there are elbow length gloves again!


Photoshop CS6 with a Wacom Intuos 3. 
About 2 hours. 
I used a half-body screenshot as a starting point.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...