Monday, October 29, 2012

Watercolour: Ann Miller

Here's a little watercolour portrait I did over the weekend. I've been doing so much precise detailed work that I needed to take a bit of time out to do something a bit more splashy. 

I used a drinking straw to blow the paint around for the background, and had fun not being able to control what was happening too well (and with that being just fine). What you see here is a photograph, as I added a bit of glitter to her jewellery. You can see a scan (sans glitter) on my deviantart page


Reference was a black and white photo from doctormacro.com.
Winsor and Newton watercolours with series 7 and series 7 miniature brushes, on a random offcut of watercolour paper (A4 in size). About 5 or 6 hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...