Thursday, June 13, 2013

Design: Save the Dates

Here's a look at some Save the Dates I designed recently for a lovely couple – I'll be doing the rest of their wedding stationary in due course, but these were the first things up. 

The floral design and colour scheme will be carried throughout the paper goods, and the Save the Dates have a watermark illustration of the ceremony venue behind the text.


Here's a clearer look at that illustration. I did an image search for a lot of potential views of the building, and they chose the one they liked the best. It was very, very small and fuzzy and had trees in the front, but I was able to create something new from it, using clearer photos to work out the details:


I also put together a monogram for them to use with wax seals on their envelopes. I made up a .ai file in Illustrator, and it was sent to the folks at the Wax Seal Shop. The seal-effect here is just a mockup in Photoshop.


Save the Dates put together in Photoshop CS6 with a Wacom Intuos 3 and printed with an Epson Artisan 730 on Coco Linen Ivoire 130gsm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...