Monday, January 6, 2014

Inking: The Glass Slipper

My lovely friend gave me the dvd of The Glass Slipper for Christmas – I'd been wanting to see it for some time, being a sucker for a sweet fairytale adaption, especially if it involves pretty costumes. Continuing on with my inking practice, I took Boxing Day off work (although most of it got eaten by a family visit) and did some sketching from it.


I think I'm definitely getting better with the brush pen here. 

This was technically the first of the two, but I didn't finish it until last night. I wasn't happy with the (nonexistant) likenesses (that's supposed to be Leslie Caron and Michael Wilding there, who knew? =P), so on the basis that I couldn't very well muck it up any further, I extended it far beyond the original screenshot I was using as reference, and practiced foliage (never a strong point) in a big way, inspired by Chris Riddell:


These were done with a Pentel Brush Pen and Artline Drawing System 0.4 pen in a Moleskine Sketchbook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...