Thursday, March 20, 2014

iPad: Emma

I was feeling rather low the other day, and thus couldn't think of anything to draw. The DVD case for the 2009 BBC Emma, which we'd recently been watching, was to hand, so I grabbed that for some iPad portraiture practice while watching the tv, and here is the result:


This could definitely stand some touchups in Photoshop, certainly it's got a lot of things wrong with it when you put it side-by-side with the original photo, but I think it does look like Ramola Garai. I'm still getting used to having such a small area to work on, and such a large stylus, which I think is why there are fairly large alterations, such as the tilt of her head. It's possible that one day I might edit it on the computer, but for now I'm calling it done. It is at least a big improvement on previous iPad portraiture attempts, and I put a lot of that down to my being given an Intuos stylus for my birthday, with its wonderful pressure sensitivity. It's awfully hard to go back to no pressure sensitivity when you've had the benefits of it for so many years!

About 5 hours or so, over several days, on an iPad Mini (using Autodesk Sketchbook Pro) with a Wacom Intuos stylus.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...