Saturday, October 24, 2015

Illustration: Moonlight Saving Time

This week's Colour Collective was 'Dark Sky Blue' and I chose a fun little song, Moonlight Saving Time, music by Harry Richman, lyrics by Irving Kahal. 


Birdies fly with new ambition
spring is in their song
soon you’ll find yourself a-wishin’ days were not so long
If my thought is not defined, listen while I speak my mind…

There oughta be a moonlight saving time
So I could love that girl of mine
Until the birdies wake and chime 'good morning'

There oughta be a law in clover-time
To keep that moon out overtime
To keep each lovers' lane in rhyme
Till dawning

You'd better hurry up, hurry up, hurry up
Get busy today
You'd better croon a tune, croon a tune
To the lad up in the moon 
And here's what I'd say:

Say
There oughta be a moonlight saving time
So I could love that girl of mine
Until the birdies wake and chime

Good morning

The song was introduced by the inimitable Maurice Chevalier in 1931:


This is the twelfth in my series of Colour Collective fadeaway girls, each inspired by a standard song featuring the moon in the title (except two, where the moon is featured heavily in the song but not in the title). I still need to rework my very first to better match the rest of them...


The next colour is Apricot. That's going to be a challenge, but I think I have some songs in my list that could be orange, so I'm looking forward to tackling it!

Adobe Photoshop CC2015 on a Wacom Cintiq Companion 2.
About 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...